Money market has been unquestionably one of the main topics in the financial markets arena this year. Concerns over uninsured bank deposits and a banking crisis which has left recent casualties in the likes of SVB and Credit Suisse have had an impact on this sector. But how deep are these shockwaves?
EPFR’s iMoneyNet provides a unique view of money market fund flows. As we head into Q2 2023, this is the right time to look at the trends that we’re seeing with regards to asset levels involving retail and institutional funds, and yields and maturities.
During this session, iMoneyNet Directors, Jay McLaughlin and Kevin Grist, and Vikram Srimurthy, Senior Analyst of Quantitative Research, touched base on several topics, including:
- A historical overview of money market fund assets since 2000
- Trends in US money market funds since the 2008 financial crisis
- Asset allocation: retail versus institutional funds
- High yield
- Government and prime funds
- European and global money fund flow outlook
- What’s next for money market funds?
We host our Market Insights calls regularly. Would you like to join the next one? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Would you like to learn more about our solutions?